Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
CHS is fully committed to effectively managing and improving our environmental performance and minimising the impacts of our business on the environment. We will do this through proactively looking at our impacts throughout project lifespans and through the services we offer to clients.
We are committed to continual improvement and compliance with our Environmental Management System which we operate in accordance with BS EN ISO 14001:2004.
To achieve this, CHS will:
- Meet all necessary legal and regulatory requirements
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors working for the company are aware of their responsibilities and understand how they should comply in accordance with HSQE legislation.
- Ensure employees, suppliers and subcontractors are appropriately trained to enable them to carry out their work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Maintain and continually improve its environmental management system.
- Develop meaningful environmental performance indicators to measure resource use, waste and emissions.
- Provide a well-structured and organised approach yard organisation and management.
- Clearly determine the requirements of environmental management and assign responsibility.
- Constantly monitor environmental management aspects on site in a systematic way and record all environmental issues.
- Operate a thoughtful buying policy, selecting whenever practical, alternative products, plant, equipment and other physical assets, materials and services that cause less damage to the environment.
- Minimise and where possible eliminate the use of environmentally sensitive materials and polluting substances.
- Minimise waste and reduce consumption of materials and promote reuse and recycling.
- Ensure compliance with regulations for noise, waste disposal and energy use.
- Continuously improve environmental awareness in the light of new research and developments.
Health and Safety
CHS ensures that all employees and suppliers as far is reasonably practicable, are provided with a safe place of work and that all the provisions of health, safety, welfare, fire, environmental and (where applicable) railway legislation are met. All necessary steps are taken to ensure the health and safety of other persons, including the general public.
CHS is committed to identifying, assessing and controlling HSQE risks arising from our activities, products and services within the scope of our Safety Management System that we control and influence.
CHS is committed to continual improvement of our health and safety performance and compliance with BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Safety Standard, legislation and other requirements.
CHS will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all employees and suppliers are aware of the rules in accordance with HSQE legislation.
CHS is committed to deliver Products and Services in line with the values of sustainable development this is best defined by the Brundtland commission (1987) – “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”
We can outline our sustainability commitments in three key areas:
- To conserve and minimise the use of resources
- To manage our impacts on biodiversity and the natural environment and seek opportunities to enhance the environments we work in
- To prevent degradation of the environments we work in
- To provide high quality services and to use durable, safe and environmentally sound products
- To reduce costs to clients by reducing resource use
- To recruit a high performing and diverse workforce who are fully engaged in the business
- To provide a safe, healthy and equitable working environment for all employees
- To minimise impacts on the communities we work in (on local, national and global scale)
- To operate a responsible supply chain with open, consistent engagement
Get your quote or call +44 (0)1342 830201
Are you ready to start a conversation?